Family Fun All Year Long
- Check the calendar for special events, exhibitions, or classes related to the fall festival, Autumn at the Arboetum.
- Upon arrival visit the Information Booth located at the main entrance for maps, free wheelchairs on a first come basis, $10.00 wagon rentals (not permitted in the Children's Garden), scavenger hunts and much more.
- The Gift Store is located in the Ginsburg Family Plaza near the main entrance for gifts and items you may need for your garden visit.
- The Lula Mae Slaughter Dining Terrace is located in the Ginsburg Family Plaza past the main entrance. A menu of seasonal soup offerings, hot and cold sandwiches, as well as delicious fresh salads can be ordered at the windows. Enjoy a freshly made lunch on the Lula Mae Slaughter Dining Terrace or take it ‘to go’ for a picnic in the garden.
- Proceed through the Ginsburg Family Plaza to the Paseo de Flores which serves as the main garden pathway.
- The DeGolyer House will be the first estate on the left of the Paseo de Flores.
Tour the lavish estate, newly restored and interpreting the décor of the 1940s. There are guided tours and continuous tours during festivals.
- Attached to the DeGolyer House is Restaurant DeGolyer. This exceptional venue, nestled in the center of our 66 acre garden, is open daily from 11:00am – 3:00pm. Seated teas
are available throughout different times of the year but do require advance reservations. Please note that children attending tea must be 13 years of age or older.
- If a picnic is more to your liking, bring food and drink to enjoy in your favorite part of the garden.
- Past the DeGolyer Estate, on the left of the Paseo, are over 200 Red Maples in the Nancy Rutchik Red Maple Rill. You can follow the
ADA paths down toward White Rock Lake where the Rill ends with a feature pond. Come back up the path and return to the Paseo. Stop by the Canopy Café located at the top of the Red Maple Rill for quick snacks, drinks, and ice cream. This dining option is open during festivals.
- The Paseo will continue to Fogelson Fountain in front of the
Camp House. This house is an administrative building upstairs with the lower portion rented for corporate and social events. It is not available for touring. Walking on the outside of the Camp House you will see the Martin Rutchik Concert Lawn. The kids can run, play, and roll down the grass hill. The Rory Meyer's Children's Adventure Garden is just beyond the Martin Rutchik Concert Lawn. Admission to this garden is $3.00.
- Reader’s Pick: Best Outing With the Kids - Dallas Observer 2011
- 181 Places to See & Things to Do Before You’re 5 Feet Tall - Dallas Child,
- Best Place to Entertain the Family - Neighbors Choice Awards 2010