|Arboretum features include:
- 66 acres of lawns & gardens
- walls of water
- views of White Rock Lake
- two 19th century cabin replicas
- a thatched roof cottage
- two stately mansions
- outdoor sculpture
- misty bridge views
- trial gardens for researchers
- a rock quarry
- mature trees including oaks, pines, and pecans
- lovely varieties of flowers
- gorgeous scenes year round
There is a four-hour minimum payment for all shoots.
- Payment of fees and security deposits are due at least two business-days prior to the day of your shoot. A letter of confirmation or contract will be drawn up by the Arboretum Staff to reserve your dates.
- Copy of the company’s liability insurance policy is required at least 48 hours in advance of scheduled shoot.
- Equipment list and shoot schedule must be faxed to 214-515-6522 at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled shoot.
- All crewmembers and those bringing equipment must be met at the gate by the Arboretum staff assigned to your photo shoot.
- Decisions on whether to postpone a shoot because of inclement weather should be made 24 hours in advance for re-scheduling.
- The Arboretum reserves the right to limit, change, or re-schedule shoot locations, if necessary, due to garden maintenance, other customer rentals, or adverse weather conditions.
- We do not guarantee the use of a golf cart during your shoot. Occasionally one might be available and will be driven by an event facilitator, but this is not guaranteed for photo shoots, nor will available transport be reserved solely for this purpose.
- For general consideration and safety of our visitors, and in compliance with City Codes, the public is not permitted to change clothes in our public restrooms. If people involved in the photo shoot will be changing clothes, dressing trailers are recommended, or a changing room may be available at an extra expense.
- All children under age 15 must have adult supervision at all times.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings.
- No items can be attached in any ways to trees, buildings, water features, etc.
- We require that you follow all the rules of etiquette outlined in the contract. Please review those rules for garden etiquette prior to your visit.