You can leave a legacy for the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden through thoughtful financial and estate planning.
The Arboretum offers several ways that you can perpetually honor those you love in one of the most beautiful gardens in the world.
- Capital Gifts Name a garden, garden feature or building
- Endowments Provide annual income for a garden, program, facility or leadership position
- Planned Gifts Make a more significant gift than you could in your lifetime
For more information our Legacy Giving program, contact Julie Siegel at 214-515-6608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Campaign for the Next Generation
Guided by our Master Plan, the Dallas Arboretum will develop important new gardens and features over the next decade. As we grow, we will also maintain our historic buildings and enhance your favorite programs and festivals. Here are a few of our upcoming projects to prepare for future generations of garden visitors.
For those who come to learn
- The Garden Education Center, the final build-out of the acclaimed Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden, will provide space for orientation, classrooms, labs and distance learning to accommodate our rapidly expanding earth science programs for students, teachers and families.
- A Tasteful Place will be a unique garden all about the sustainable cultivation, preparation and enjoyment of food, surrounded by our beloved Southern traditions of gracious hospitality and outdoor living.
For those who come to discover and enjoy
- The Gallery Garden, overlooking the changing beauty of White Rock Lake, will have a pastoral feel with lovely winding paths, terraces and areas for quiet contemplation among the large native trees.
- The Pocket Garden at the Camp House will provide an intimate garden “room” in which to rest and take pleasure in the play of sunlight and shadows.
- The Arboretum will build a Tram Path around the perimeter of our property to eliminate vehicle traffic on the Paseo de Flores, our central walkway, and give all visitors comfortable access to our 66 acres.
For those who come to entertain and celebrate
- Event areas such as the Indian Courtyard, Restaurant DeGolyer and Crape Myrtle Plaza, which have seen generations of brides, quinceaneras and family celebrations, will be refurbished and refreshed.
- The iconic Ammonite Gates, original to the property, will be restored as a welcoming entrance for valet parking and guest drop-off.
For those who will cultivate the garden for the future
- Our new Family Endowment Funds at the Dallas Arboretum will help maintain our public programs and support our stewardship of horticultural and historic features. The principal of the endowment is invested by the Arboretum and grows over time. The consistent stream of investment income nourishes the Arboretum year after year, with your family’s name attached.
- A Named Endowment directed to an area of interest, such as horticulture or education, or created to underwrite a staff position will assure that your commitment of support remains evergreen.
We are pleased to provide permanent recognition for your capital or endowment gift in support of a project that is meaningful to you. Please contact Julie Siegel at 214-515-6608 or email@example.com to plan your gift to the Arboretum’s Campaign for the Next Generation.
When you give to our endowment fund, you give the financial security the Dallas Arboretum needs to remain one of the nation’s premier botanical gardens.
The Arboretum has operated in the black for the past 20 years by carefully managing income and controlling expenses. Events out of our control, such as sustained bad weather or an economic downturn, threaten the garden’s standard of excellence.
Your contribution to our endowment fund helps to provide a portion of the annual income for:
- Maintaining and developing gardens
- Offering first-rate programs, public events and festivals
- Attracting and retaining the best talent for the Arboretum’s leadership positions
For more information about our endowment fund, or to establish a named endowment fund, please contact Julie Siegel at 214-515-6608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A planned gift allows you to enjoy charitable income and/or gift or estate tax deductions, while making a more significant gift than you could in your lifetime.
There are a variety of financial vehicles available to help you reach your financial and philanthropic goals including:
- Retirement Plan Beneficiary Designations
- Charitable Trusts
- Gifts of Life Insurance
Please consult with your financial, tax, and legal advisors for an analysis of your individual situation to determine which vehicle might work best for you. For more information about the Arboretum’s planned giving opportunities, please contact Julie Siegel at 214-515-6608 or email@example.com.