- Pets are prohibited in the gardens with the exception of licensed assistance animals.
- To protect the plant collections, active sports and games are not permitted. Prohibited games and activities include, but are not limited to: kites, Frisbees or other plastic discs, egg hunts, roller skating, footballs, baseballs and soccer balls.
- Please do not stand or walk in garden beds or climb on trees or shrubs.
- Do not pick flowers.
- Do not take or harm any of the wildlife (this includes feeding squirrels).
- Bicycles are not allowed in the garden. There is a secured, designated bicycle stand in the parking lot. Please inquire with the parking or gate attendants for directions.
- Please do not play in the water features.
- All outdoor flames are prohibited including candles.
- Balloons are prohibited.
- Amplified music and noise-making devices are prohibited, unless pre-approved by the Arboretum.
- Changing clothes in the public restrooms is prohibited. Brides and Quinceaneras must come already dressed for photo shoots.
- The Dallas Arboretum honors discounts on our website only. Incorrect pricing and promotions by other entities will not be accepted.
Additional Etiquette for the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden:
- Due to space limitations on walkways, only strollers and wheelchairs are permitted. Wagons and wheeled carriers, personal or rented, are not permitted.
- Bridal and Quinceaneras photo shoots are not allowed in the Children’s Garden. Personal photography with cell phones and cameras are permitted, however, tripods and professional photography and equipment are prohibited.
- Food is allowed only in specified areas.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wheelchairs and trams are provided on the grounds (on a first-come, first-served basis) for those with walking limitations.
- Trams provide access to central garden areas and the DeGolyer Estate.
- Tram drivers provide history of the houses and gardens as they drive from the DeGolyer Estate to the Alexander Camp House.
- Priority is given to the mobility impaired.
- Trams and wheelchairs cannot be reserved.