- Pets are prohibited in the gardens with the exception of licensed assistance animals.
- To protect the plant collections, active sports and games are not permitted. Prohibited games and activities include, but are not limited to: kites, Frisbees or other plastic discs, egg hunts, roller skating, footballs, baseballs and soccer balls.
- Please do not stand or walk in garden beds or climb on trees or shrubs.
- Do not pick flowers.
- Do not take or harm any of the wildlife (this includes feeding squirrels).
- Bicycles are not allowed in the garden. There is a secured, designated bicycle stand in the parking lot. Please inquire with the parking or gate attendants for directions.
- Please do not play in the water features.
- All outdoor flames are prohibited including candles.
- Balloons are not allowed.
- Amplified music and noise-making devices are prohibited, unless pre-approved by the Arboretum.
- Changing clothes in the public restrooms is prohibited. Brides and Quinceaneras must come already dressed for photo shoots.
- The Dallas Arboretum honors discounts on our website only. Incorrect pricing and promotions by other entities will not be accepted.
Additional Etiquette for the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden:
- Due to space limitations on walkways, only strollers and wheelchairs are permitted. Wagons and wheeled carriers, personal or rented, are not permitted.
- Bridal and Quinceaneras photo shoots are not allowed in the Children’s Adventure Garden. Personal photography with cell phones and cameras are permitted, however, tripods and professional photography and equipment are prohibited.
- Food is allowed only in specified areas.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wheelchairs and trams are provided on the grounds (on a first-come, first-served basis) for those with walking limitations.
- Trams provide access to central garden areas and the DeGolyer House.
- Tram drivers provide history of the houses and gardens as they drive from the DeGolyer House to the Alex Camp House.
- Priority is given to the mobility impaired.
- Trams and wheelchairs cannot be reserved.