The Year of the Children's Garden
The Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden has opened its gates, and the Arboretum has programmed The Year of the Children’s Garden initiative.
This celebration of the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden’s inaugural year provides exciting programs that are presented by respected professionals in the field of nature and chaired by exceptional community leaders. Please continue to check back for exciting announcements about more activities celebrating the Year of the Children’s Garden such as Nature through the Lens: A Photo Contest Exhibition, and the culminating event,First Anniversary Adventures, a Celebratory Soiree for Adults in a Child's World.
Sunday, September 21 | 6 p.m.
Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden
Tables from $2,500 to $25,000
Event Chairs: Bettina and Daniel Hennessy
First Anniversary Adventures, a Celebratory Soiree for Adults in a Child's World will be a blast of a party celebrating the world-renowned Children's Garden. It's our turn to take to the garden without children in tow for exploring, playing, visiting, and great dining with musical entertainment throughout the evening.
Guests will enjoy
- Staff and docent-guided tours throughout the garden
- Experiments in action
- Mascots strolling and puppets performing
- Talent from Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts providing musical entertainment throughout the evening beginning with the Jazz Combo during cocktails in the Plaza
- Elegant dinner of ingredients grown locally
- Fine wine and tableside service
- The Children’s Garden at night as never seen before