To ensure a positive experience for both photographers and visitors, we ask that the following rules and guidelines be observed.
The Arboretum welcomes commercial photographers; however there is an additional charge for commercial photography unrelated to weddings held at the Arboretum. Photographers will find that the Dallas Arboretum offers unique indoor and outdoor settings for catalog, fashion and commercial photo shoots. To arrange a photo shoot, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acres of lawn and gardens
- Walls of water
- Views of White Rock Lake
- Two stately houses
- Outdoor sculptures
- Misty bridge views
- Trial Gardens for researchers
- Rock quarry
- Mature trees
- Lovely variety of flowers
- Gorgeous scenes all year
Commercial and Non-Commercial Photography Guidelines
- For general consideration and safety of our visitors, and in compliance with city codes, the public is not permitted to change clothes in our public restrooms or temporary structures.
- Brides must come dressed for photographs. If a changing place is required, the VIP room can be rented in advance by contacting email@example.com. This room is only available to rent on weekdays.
- Individual bridal or personal photography is permitted during normal operating hours with general garden admission.
- Bridal and Quinceanera photo shoots are not allowed in the Children’s Adventure Garden. Personal photography with cell phones and cameras is permitted; however, tripods and professional photography and equipment are not permitted.
- Please follow all garden etiquette guidelines when taking photographs.
- Cameras and camera equipment are not allowed into the garden before 9 a.m.
Additional information for both photographer and persons being photographed
- Please do not stand/walk in garden beds, climb on trees, shrubs, rocks or sculptures.
- Do not block access to, or on any public path or walkway.
- Do not pick flowers.
- Please do not play or stand in the water features.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All photo shoots need to be done by 4:45 p.m. so all guests may be out of the property by 5 p.m.
Please follow our guidelines or you may be asked to exit the property. After 3 offenses your membership benefits will be revoked.