To ensure a positive experience for both photographers and visitors, we ask that the following rules and guidelines be observed.
The Arboretum welcomes commercial photographers; however, there is an additional charge for commercial photography.
What is considered commercial photography?
Photography within the gardens to promote or sell a product or service falls within the commercial photography guidelines. Examples include photos intended for product placement, advertisements and merchandising purposes.
Photographers will find the Dallas Arboretum offers unique outdoor settings for catalog, fashion and commercial purposes. To arrange a photo shoot, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 214.515.6512. Visit our Photo Shoots page to learn more.
Need a private dressing room? Book our VIP room here!
- Acres of lush green lawn and blooming gardens
- Water walls and Koi ponds
- Spectacular views of White Rock Lake
- Two stately houses
- Interesting architecture
- Outdoor sculptures
- Misty bridge views
- Mature trees
Commercial and Non-Commercial Photography Guidelines
Those wishing to use the gardens for taking professional portraits or personal keepsake photos are welcome to do so, but must follow these general photography guidelines.
- Professional photography with handheld cameras only are permitted after 9am.
- Professional photography using more than a handheld camera is allowed only between 3pm and 5pm daily. This includes tripods, lighting umbrellas, etc.
- All photographers must purchase admission or have a membership.
- Do not stand or walk in garden beds or climb on trees, shrubs, rocks or sculptures.
- Do not block access to or on any public path or walkway.
- Do not pick flowers.
- Do not play or stand in the water features.
- No drones are allowed on the Arboretum grounds under any circumstances.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We reserve the right to refuse entrance to the garden with inappropriate attire
- Please follow all garden etiquette guidelines when taking photographs.
The City of Dallas does not permit changing clothes in the public restrooms but we do offer a 2 hour rental in our VIP rental for $250 and that room can be reserved online.
Please follow our guidelines or you may be asked to exit the property. After 3 offenses your membership benefits will be revoked.