To ensure a positive experience for both photographers and visitors, we ask that the following rules and guidelines be observed.
The Arboretum welcomes commercial photographers; however, there is an additional charge for commercial photography.
What is considered commercial photography?
Photography within the gardens to promote or sell a product or service falls within the commercial photography guidelines. Examples include photos intended for product placement, advertisements and merchandising purposes.
Photographers will find the Dallas Arboretum offers unique outdoor settings for catalog, fashion and commercial purposes. To arrange a photo shoot, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acres of lush green lawn and blooming gardens
- Water walls and Koi ponds
- Spectacular views of White Rock Lake
- Two stately houses
- Interesting architecture
- Outdoor sculptures
- Misty bridge views
- Mature trees
Commercial and Non-Commercial Photography Guidelines
Those wishing to use the gardens for taking professional portraits or personal keepsake photos are welcome to do so, but must follow these general photography guidelines.
- General non-commercial photography is permitted during normal operating hours (9 a.m.- 5 p.m.) with general garden admission. Cameras and camera equipment are not allowed into the garden prior to 9 a.m.. All photography must be done by 4:45 p.m., so all guests may be out of the property by 5 p.m.
- No drones are allowed on the Arboretum grounds under any circumstances.
- Changing clothes in public restrooms is not allowed by Dallas city codes. All subjects must come dressed for their photos. If a changing place is required, the VIP room can be rented in advance by contacting email@example.com. This room has a full-size mirror, seating and an en suite bathroom. It’s available to rent Monday through Friday.
- Photography restrictions apply to the Children’s Adventure Garden. Portrait photo shoots are not allowed within the children’s garden. However, personal photographs with cell phones and cameras are permitted. Tripods and professional photography and equipment are not allowed.
- We reserve the right to refuse entrance to the garden with inappropriate attire
- Do not stand or walk in garden beds or climb on trees, shrubs, rocks or sculptures.
- Do not block access to or on any public path or walkway.
- Do not pick flowers.
- Do not play or stand in the water features.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please follow all garden etiquette guidelines when taking photographs.
Please follow our guidelines or you may be asked to exit the property. After 3 offenses your membership benefits will be revoked.