Visit the Arboretum
Hours and Admission
Hours of Operation
Open daily from 9am–5pm*
*Open on Thursdays until 8pm
Administrative Office Hours
Customer Service Hours
The Arboretum is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Admission to the Garden During COVID-19
We are excited to welcome you back to the garden and hope that you will enjoy the calm and beauty that nature provides. Our top priority is the health and safety of our guests and employees and we have put numerous safety protocols in place. We ask that you observe our new temporary guidelines.
- General admission tickets and parking must be pre-purchased online or by calling Customer Service at 214.515.6615. Members will still get in free, but are also required to reserve timed tickets. These tickets are for four-hour visits.
- Early arrivals will not be granted early admission. Late arrivals will be required to exit the garden at the end of the four-hour block. If you do arrive early, we ask that you wait in the safety of your vehicle.
- Member parking is at the main entrance (Gate 1). Non-member parking is at the parking garage (Gate 4).
At each ticket window we will distribute wristbands indicating which four-hour block you have purchased. Wristbands must be worn for the duration of your visit.
- If you have a gift certificate or other promotional ticket you must call Customer Service to reserve your timed ticket.
- Groups are limited to no more than ten people. Please be patient and maintain a six-foot distance from individuals outside of your party.
- Please be aware that in outdoor spaces or areas, every person over the age of two should consider wearing some form of covering over their nose and mouth such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana or handkerchief when within six feet of another person. To enter any indoor or enclosed space or area, every person over the age of two must wear some form of covering over their nose and mouth. This COVID-19 admission policy does not require a child under the age of two or a person who is unable for medical reasons to wear a face covering.
- We have created a modified path around the garden to make it easier for you to enjoy our beautiful grounds while social distancing. Please observe all directional signage. Note that the path has several elevation changes.
- We also have a half-mile path from each parking lot, if you are looking for a shorter path. The Paseo de Flores is now two ways in so you may come in and take a quick trip to your favorite picnic areas.
- Currently, there is no tram service or wagon rental.
- There are a limited number of wheelchairs available on a first-come, first-served basis. Wheelchairs will be deep cleaned after each use.
- Modified maps will be given to each guest at the Ticket Booth upon arrival.
- Restrooms are available at the main Information Booth and near the Camp House, and we have increased the cleaning of our restrooms. Restrooms are limited to 50% capacity. Please wait patiently on the ground markings in place near each restroom. You may take your children in with you. Masks are required as the restrooms are indoors.
- To-go food service is available at the Lula Mae Slaughter Dining Terrace, Cafe on the Green and Restaurant DeGolyer provided by Gil’s Elegant Catering.
- All buildings and some of our gardens are closed during this first phase of reopening. These include, but are not limited to: the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden, McCasland Sunken Garden and the Grotto.
- The Hoffman Family Gift Store is open from 9am–5pm daily. You may also visit our gift store online.
- All food tastings in A Tasteful Place and events are postponed until further notice.
Failure to comply with the rules may result in your removal from the premises. Please note that you are visiting the Dallas Arboretum at your own risk.
Jan 2 – Feb 28
Apr 13 – Jul 31
Sep 1 – 18
Nov 2 – 25
Aug 1 – 31
|Children’s Adventure Garden*||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
Members Only Hours
Early Morning Walks
Early Morning Walks are back beginning June 1. This time block begins at 7am and goes until 11am to allow you two hours in the garden before we open to the public at 9am, and then another two hours to enjoy the rest of your visit. Tickets must be reserved in advance.
No photography is allowed during this time.
For a limited time through July, guests are invited to enjoy our new Twilight Thursdays! This extended-hours time slot will go until 8pm on Thursdays and allow you to enjoy the gardens during the beautiful twilight hours. Tickets must be reserved in advance.
Rainy Day Guarantee
If the rain won’t go away, you can come back another day! The Arboretum’s rainy day pass will guarantee another free entry if rain interrupts your visit. Tickets are issued at the ticket booth on the day of the occurrence only. Offer valid for a full paid general garden admission. Rainy day tickets are good any day from 9am-5pm for up to three months from the original date of purchase. Rainy day passes are only good for the original type of ticket purchased.
*This policy does not apply to the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden, the Cool Thursdays Concert Series or Parking.