Our dedicated employees and generous volunteers have helped the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden become one of the most outstanding display gardens in the United States.
Below is a list of all current job openings at the Dallas Arboretum. Full-time positions offer benefit options including health, dental and disability coverage as well as vacation, holiday and sick pay. We also have excellent opportunities in various departments for those desiring a hands-on internship experience. Unless otherwise noted, you may apply for a listed position by faxing your resume and cover letter to 866-341-6878. Please indicate which position you are applying for in your cover letter. The Arboretum conducts criminal checks, driving checks, as well as physicals/drug screens and credit checks for certain positions.
Feel free to download our general Application for Employment, print and fill it out, and bring it with you to apply in person.
Part Time Position, Monday – Friday, 8:00am-3:00pm (can flex hours some—need 32 hours/week); health insurance available
The Dallas Arboretum is seeking a Sign Engraver for the accurate and timely preparation of garden signage, storage, inventory, and maintenance. Great for retirees/semi-retired
- 1 year related engraving experience preferred
- Competency with a PC, including but not limited to Corel Draw, and Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to learn to use the Epilog laser system.
- Skill with small power tools to attach signs to stakes, repair metal holders, etc.
- Work flexible hours, including nights as needed.
- Walk/stand/stoop/bend frequently and repeatedly in sign production and in the garden to oversee and place signage; ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work in all weather conditions
- Driver’s license required to operate garden vehicles if necessary
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gardener / Landscaping Staff
Full Time Position
Perform various general landscape maintenance and labor duties in the gardens under supervision. Physically perform garden labor, including operation of loud equipment and transporting work materials/equipment in all weather conditions. Contribute to team effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform routine maintenance of assigned garden area according to set standards and safety guidelines in the areas of:
- Safely operate and be accountable for routine maintenance of landscape maintenance equipment i.e. push mowers, backpack blowers, rototiller, tractor, edgers, gas hedge shears, utility truck, etc.
- Assure all equipment, tools, etc. are not left out in the garden when not in use and are cleaned and properly stored at the end of the work day.
- Assist supervisor with monitoring irrigation system and pump systems (where applicable) and report malfunctions.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months to one year related experience desirable.
- Basic communication skills, bilingual a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs; walk/stand/stoop/bend frequently and repeatedly in the garden in all weather conditions.
- Driver’s license required to operate garden vehicles if necessary.