Let the Speakers Bureau bring a lively and entertaining presentation to your group.
Speakers Bureau director George Russell and his fellow volunteers have an extraordinary passion for the Dallas Arboretum. This talented group is available to provide lively and entertaining presentations on a variety of topics related to the Arboretum. Presentations can be adapted to the length your meeting requires.
Program topics include:
- The Diamond in Dallas — Displays the Arboretum’s beautiful gardens and lush lawns on the shores of White Rock Lake, its rich history, and current events that make the Arboretum a very special and ever-changing place to visit.
- The Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden — A treasure for parents and grandparents, too, this award-winning, 8-acre museum without walls is all about creatively learning about nature and the world around us through its 17 learning galleries and more than 150 extraordinary hands-on interactive exhibits.
- A Woman’s Garden — An in-depth descriptive presentation of this unique and symbolic garden and its artwork, conceived by the Women’s Council of the Dallas Arboretum.
- Sculpture at the Dallas Arboretum — A tour of the Arboretum’s many outdoor sculptures found throughout the grounds and information about each piece.
- Master Gardener on Wheels — The moving story of a Dallas Arboretum volunteer and gardener who overcame mobility limitations.
- Behind the Scenes at the Dallas Arboretum Trial Gardens — An engaging talk about the Arboretum’s extensive Trial Garden program, including a demonstration of live plants and a Q & A session.
Each program is tailored to fit the time requirements of the group, typically ranging from 20 to 40 minutes.
To schedule a visit from the Speakers Bureau, contact Margaret Duncan, Program Coordinator, at 972.270.1191 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.