Donate Your Time
Join the growing population of Arboretum volunteers. The generous support from these individuals plays a pivotal role in the success of the Dallas Arboretum.
There are plenty of opportunities available including working outdoors in the gardens or donating your talents inside at the Gift Store. Volunteers aid our excellent staff in creating the most wonderful guest experience possible. Become a regular volunteer in one of the ongoing positions, or choose from the many special events held in the garden. To learn more about the many benefits of volunteering at the Dallas Arboretum, please contact the volunteer office at 214.515.6561 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scroll down to see information about our upcoming Volunteer Information Breakfast on August 30.
- Children's Garden Volunteers help children discover the wonders of science by volunteering in one of the 17 interactive galleries in the new Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden.
- DeGolyer Estate Docents provide information and greet visitors at the historic DeGolyer Estate.
- The Hoffman Family Gift Store is run by full-time staff and a dedicated group of Gift Store Volunteers.
- Membership Volunteers assist staff in selling and renewing memberships during our most popular Seasonal Festivals.
- Seasonal Festivals and other popular events require help from Special Event Volunteers.
- Tram Drivers are needed to transport mobility-impaired guests across the Arboretum.
- Volunteers are needed at the Information Booth to greet and inform visitors.
- Garden Guides provide specific information about various gardens throughout the Arboretum.
- Administrative Volunteers provide clerical assistance to Arboretum staff.
- The Horticulture Department keeps our gardens in excellent condition with the help of Garden Worker volunteers.
- Education Volunteers help us maintain a strong adult and children's education program.