Our dedicated employees and generous volunteers have helped the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden become one of the most outstanding display gardens in the United States.
Below is a list of all current job openings at the Dallas Arboretum. Full-time positions offer benefit options including health, dental and disability coverage as well as vacation, holiday and sick pay. We also have excellent opportunities in various departments for those desiring a hands-on internship experience. Unless otherwise noted, you may apply for a listed position by faxing your resume and cover letter to 866-341-6878. Please indicate which position you are applying for in your cover letter. The Arboretum conducts criminal checks, as well as physicals/drug screens and credit checks for certain positions.
The Dallas Arboretum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The beautiful Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden located on the shores of White Rock Lake in east Dallas is one of the premium and popular sites for weddings, corporate meetings, and social events. The Special Event Manager will manage Arboretum rentals, including small wedding/ceremonies, small internal events, flower shows, garden club meetings, and small corporate events and assist with larger events as directed under overall supervision of Director of Sales and Special Events. Assure satisfactory execution of rental, including overseeing all aspects related to event coordinating and monitoring use and care of Arboretum property. Assure successful guest relations. Contribute to team effort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
- Promptly and courteously respond to incoming phone calls and
return calls in a timely manner.
- Work directly with client from inception of contract to
event inceptions (and conclusion as needed) and courteously and promptly handle
all aspects of rental coordination to assure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for independent rental management duties, i.e.
prepare and execute contracts/event paperwork; clearly detail physical
logistics with Facility department, entertainment, contact equipment rental
vendors, caterers, florists, etc. for effective and smooth operations.
- Supervise DABS’ staff as needed for event set-up/tear-down,
assuring that the physical arrangement and equipment needs are according to
plan and DABS’ property (tables, chairs, tablecloths, etc.) is in good and
- Provide instructions for security/parking staff as needed to
assure appropriate access to property and appropriate vehicular access to the
gardens; schedule volunteers as needed.
- Professionally interact with guests/vendors/entertainers as
needed and maintain unobtrusive availability to respond to any needs/problems
that may occur during event.
- Ensure that DABS' rules and regulations are followed throughout
- Respond timely and appropriately to any incidents and
maintain appropriate documentation, such as first aid action, property damage,
- Assure that Facilitator, when scheduled, has all needed
information/documentation to successfully facilitate event with or without
assistance; physically attend all major functions and remain during function if
significant problems occur. Timely and accurately process paperwork and
billings during and at conclusion of event.
- Assist Director of Sales and Special Events with special
request projects, such as end of month vendor contacts for timely receipt of
relevant invoices, assisting with cold calling for corporate bookings, annual
inventory of DABS’ linens, compliance requirements for tents, heaters, signage,
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Three+ years hotel/event planning/execution experience
- Good office skills; CAD experience helpful.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Driver’s license to drive garden vehicles
- Work flexible hours, including nights/weekends as needed
- Physically tour clients on property via walking or golf cart
and to positively engage client, staff and vendors for successful and safe
- Manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills; good
- Successfully oversee event from set up to conclusion of
Salary: $35,000 to $39,000, plus great benefits
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for the prompt care and maintenance of the physical property (non-horticultural areas) including both homes, VEP, parking lots, restrooms (public and private) and all storage facilities. Directs and supervises work activity of janitorial staff and addresses routine repair and maintenance and preventative maintenance for the main garden. Primary focus is providing clean, neat, safe facilities/services to staff and the public. Perform basic maintenance functions. $40,000 starting salary.
- High school education or equivalent; some college desired
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Three+ years in facility services preferred. Facilities
supervisory experience preferred.
- Work flexible hours, including nights/weekends as needed
- Lift up to 30 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, walk,
bend and stand for continuous periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Drivers license.
- Good problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently assess and address janitorial
and other facility needs to assure a safe and clean environment for guests and
- Self motivated; able to work with minimum supervision.
- Work cooperatively with staff throughout property to meet
janitorial/basic repair and maintenance needs of physical property.
- Ability to support Facility Managers throughout garden as
need arises, and act as Manager on Duty (MOD) in absence of Facility Manager in
a positive, professional manner.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Under limited supervision, responsible for overall landscape maintenance and supervision of staff for specific garden area. Oversee efficient productivity and timely completion of duties in assigned areas. Physically perform garden labor. Work in all weather conditions. Contribute to team effort. 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays with rotating weekends.
and Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
perform general landscape maintenance for specific garden area, including
planting, mowing, weeding, watering, fertilizing, spraying, doing minor
irrigation repairs, pruning, pest control, trash removal, and trimming,
according to written maintenance and safety standards.
garden crew, volunteers, and interns assigned to area. Contribute to team
and meet garden project completion schedules on a daily, weekly, and monthly
basis under the guidance of the Senior Horticulture Manager.
and develop gardeners and landscape assistants in garden area to increase their
knowledge of plant materials and landscape maintenance.
evaluate, and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required
personnel documentation in a timely manner.
with plant record keeping and labeling for assigned garden area.
technical assistance when required.
for securing all equipment at the end of the day and notifying supervisor of
any supply needs.
pesticides (when trained) using appropriate safety procedures as provided and
according to departmental policies and procedures; supervision provided.
irrigation system and pump systems (where applicable), repair minor problems,
and report malfunctions.
in group and special projects as required.
with educational and research projects as required, example: horticultural
demonstrations during special events.
verbal and written communication skills.
to manage multiple tasks through use of effective organizational and
to work flexible hours as needed, including nights, weekends and Holidays.
to effectively organize work flow for timely completion and develop staff to
work as a team; maintain professional work ethic.
to lift up to 50 lbs; repetitively bend/stoop, move across property and work in
all weather conditions and follow approved safety guidelines.
driver’s license required to operate garden vehicles.
year related garden/landscaping experience and experience with or knowledge of
Texas perennials preferred; knowledge of irrigation systems and other water
features desirable. Supervisory experience desirable. Texas Certified
Pesticide Applicators license preferred.
of Science in Horticulture or related field (may accept Associate’s Degree and
three years related experience).
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
GARDENER | $9.50/hour
We are currently seeking experienced gardeners to perform general landscape maintenance and laboring duties in the gardens under the supervision of a crew leader or horticulturist. 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays with rotating weekends.
- Ability to physically lift, bend and stoop repetitively to plant, weed and move plant material.
- Capable of operating light duty power equipment.
- Some irrigation knowledge is helpful.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Availability to work in a weekend rotation.
- Ability to interact with garden guests as appropriate.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- A minimum 6 months relevant experience is desirable.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com
Excite and assist children and families in the various activities
and exhibits in the new 8-acre Children’s Adventure Garden. Gallery
Facilitators are encouraged to bring creative ideas to the team along with a
love of teaching/encouraging others. Help us create an enjoyable learning
experience for our guests. This position is a part-time, on-going position. $11/hour
- Teaching certificates, or experience with early childhood
teaching/ instruction, desirable.
- Background in science or science education is helpful, but
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time outside
in the garden.
- Flexible work days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.; must be able to work Saturday and Sunday.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
individuals are needed to fill temporary positions during the fall and
holiday festivals, from mid-September to potentially the end of the year.
Clean restrooms and public areas; empty trash - must be able to bend/stoop and lift up to 50 lbs.
Ticket Booth Sales ($10/hour)
Smile while interacting with our guests; sell admission tickets; accurately handle sales; sit for extended periods of time, (ever day of the week, including weekends, from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., with some night time hours).
Please apply in person Monday-Friday between 12 and 4 p.m. at the Dallas Arboretum, 8525 Garland Road.
Criminal background checks will be conducted as well as credit checks for cash-handling positions.