Labor Day Family Fun Weekend
About This Event
Included with garden admission
Enjoy a family fun-packed weekend with live music, activities, and more!
September 2-4, 2023
A Tasteful Place
10am – 4pm
- Taste the daily free samples of the “hero” vegetable.
- See what plants are growing in the potager gardens, and be inspired to start a home garden.
- September 2, 10am – 4pm One Day Bakery, demonstration and sale
12pm – 2pm
Local musicians play piano at Jeanne’s Pavilion, the perfect picnic area to enjoy live music and stay cool in the summer shade.
- September 2: Jacqueline Hubbell
- September 3: Adriana Cordero
- September 4: Music Starz Studios
Martin Rutchik Concert Stage & Lawn
2pm – 4pm
DFW’s best party bands play while guest can dance the afternoon away or bask in the sun or shade.
- September 2: Matthew Banks, Jazz
- September 3: Party Machine, Emerald City Band
- September 4: Low Key Colors, Rock Classics
Country Critters Petting Zoo:
September 2-4 | 10am-2pm
Window to the Wild
10:30am – 12pm (Crossroads near Pecan Grove)
Learn about flight mechanics and how birds navigate the airways
Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden
10am – 4pm
Learn the science behind making the best bubbles, and enjoy bubble activities all weekend long.
STEM Stops: Bubbling with Excitement
- 12pm • Bubble Paintings
- 1:30pm • Eco-Bubble Snakes
- 3:30pm • Float your Boat
Walne Family Discovery Lab
10am, 1pm and 3pm
- 8/28-9/4 Walking on Water
OmniGlobe Presentation: Exoplanets
Little Adventurers Activities: Storytime
- 9/2-4 The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
Kelley Family Days
Thanks to a gift from the William G. Kelley Family, guests paying for general garden admission will also receive free entrance to the Children’s Adventure Garden September 2 – 4!
Food Options and Picnics Welcome
Guests are welcome to bring their own food or purchase food onsite. Window food service is available at the Terrace Café presented by Gil’s Elegant Catering and includes a selection of soups, salads, sandwiches, snacks, drinks and adult beverages. Gil’s Elegant Catering also offers $4 brownie sundaes, $2 hot dogs and root beer floats at the Terrace Café all weekend.